city in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Yokosuka (横須賀市, Yokosuka-shi) is a city in Kanagawa, Japan. It is at the beginning of the Tokyo Bay in the Miura Peninsula. The city stretches across the peninsula to Sagami Bay.
|Coordinates: 35°16′53.4″N 139°40′19.5″E / 35.281500°N 139.672083°E|
|• Mayor||Katsuaki Kamiji|
|• Total||100.8 km2 (38.9 sq mi)|
(October 1, 2020)
|• Density||3,850/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2020)
It has been recognized as a core city since 2001.
- ↑ Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; retrieved 2012-12-5.
Media related to Yokosuka, Kanagawa at Wikimedia Commons
- Yokosuka Naval Base Community Website
- Official website Archived 2008-12-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Yokosuka U.S. Navy base official website Archived 2009-01-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Geographic data related to Yokosuka, Kanagawa at OpenStreetMap