|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||980s 990s 1000s – 1010s – 1020s 1030s 1040s|
|Years:||1007 1008 1009 – 1010 – 1011 1012 1013|
- The city of Yaroslavl is said to have been founded.
- Hisham II the Nephast is restored as Umayyad caliph of Córdoba, replacing Muhammad II al-Mahdi.
- Allied to Muslim rebels, the count of Barcelona robs and destroys Cordoba.
- The Lý Dynasty is started in Vietnam (or 1009) and moves the capital to Hanoi.
- Persian poet Ferdowsi finishes writing The Shahnameh (Book of Kings).
- The Goryeo king is unseated in a revolt, resulting in an invasion by the Liao Dynasty and the burning of the Korean capital Gaegyeong in the Second Goryeo-Khitan War.
- Song Zhun of Song Dynasty China completes the work of the earlier geographer Lu Duosun, a huge atlas of China that is written and illustrated in 1,556 chapters, showing maps of each region, city, town, and village. The atlas took 39 years to complete.
- Viking explorer Thorfinn Karlsefni attempts to found a settlement in North America (approximate date).
- The construction of Brihadeeswarar temple, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India, ends. Chola Dynasty, Early Medieval period.
- Rajaraja I and His Teacher, detail of a wall painting in the Brihadeeswarar temple, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India, is made. Chola Dynasty. Early Medieval period (approximate date).
- Lady Murasaki writes The Tale of Genji in Japanese (approximate date).
- Beowulf is written by an unknown writer (approximate date).
- May 30 – Emperor Renzong of China (d. 1063)
- June 2 – Benno, bishop of Meissen (d. 1106)
- King Bermudo III of León (d. 1037)
- Ali Ahmad Nasawi, (d. 1075)
- Michael IV the Paphlagonian, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1041)
- Archbishop Gebhard of Salzburg (d. 1088)
- Otto of Savoy (d. 1060)
- Adalbero of Würzburg, Bishop of Würzburg and Count of Lambach-Wels (d. 1090)
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique. 36 (1): 5–28.