Year 1013 (MXIII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. It was one thousand years before 2013.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||980s 990s 1000s – 1010s – 1020s 1030s 1040s|
|Years:||1010 1011 1012 – 1013 – 1014 1015 1016|
- July – Sweyn Forkbeard, King of Denmark, having invaded England, is declared King within the Danelaw.
- December 25 – Sweyn is declared King of England in London, forcing Æthelred the Unready to flee to Normandy.
- Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor, signs a peace treaty at Merseburg with Duke Bolesław I Chrobry of Poland who recognizes him as overlord.
- Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor, gathers an army at Augsburg to begin his second Italian military campaign.
- The Jews are thrown out of the caliphate of Córdoba.
- The Poles leave from Pomerania (approximate date).
- Estimation: Kaifeng, capital of China becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Córdoba in Al-Andalus.
- The largest of the Four Great Books of Song, the Song Dynasty Chinese encyclopedia Prime Tortoise of the Record Bureau (which had been compiled since 1005), is completed in 1,000 volumes of 9.4 million written Chinese characters.
- Lyfing is appointed by Æthelred the Unready as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- The Al-Hakim Mosque is completed in Cairo.
- Beauvais changes from a county to a bishopric (approximate date).
- Sancha of León, wife of Ferdinand I of León
- Rabbi Isaac Alfasi (Rif),Moroccan Talmudist and posek(d. 1103)
- Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi, scholar of medicine
- Antipope John XVI
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Palmer, Alan Warwick; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 48–49. ISBN 978-0-7126-5616-0.
- ↑ Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. pp. 105–106. ISBN 978-0-304-35730-7.
- ↑ Geography at about.com