|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1060s 1070s 1080s – 1090s – 1100s 1110s 1120s|
|Years:||1088 1089 1090 – 1091 – 1092 1093 1094|
- King William II of England invades Normandy.
- Ladislaus I of Hungary occupies Slavonia.
- King Stjepan II of Croatia, the last member of the Trpimirović dynasty, died without leaving anyone to inherit his thrown and title.
- October 17 – London Tornado of 1091: A T8/F4 tornado is recorded in St Mary-le-Bow of London, England; the storm destroys London Bridge.
- Henry, the third son of William the Conqueror, is forced to give up his property of Cotentin in Normandy after his two older brothers, William Rufus and Robert Curthose, make a peace agreement.
- King Malcolm III of Scotland makes an unsuccessful attempt to invade English territory, but is finally forced to give a public statement of allegiance to King William II of England.
- Cardiff Castle is built.
- April 29 – Battle of Levounion: The Pechenegs surround and attack Constantinople, but are defeated so completely by Emperor Alexius I that they are completely eliminated.
- February; With the taking of Noto, the Normans complete the 30 year long takeover of Sicily from the Islamic rulers.
- The Islamic Abbadid dynasty ruling in Spain falls when the Almoravids storm Seville. Faced with this new threat, the king of Badajoz, al-Mutawakkil ibn al-Aftas, got the support of Castile in exchange for the Muslim positions on the Tagus river — Sintra, Santarém and Lisbon.
- Roger Guiscard takes Malta.
- Athanasius VI bar Khamoro becomes Syriac Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch.
- June 17 – Dirk V, Count of Holland
- July 5 – Abbot William of Hirsau
- August 25 – Sisnando Davides, military leader
- December 19 – Adelaide of Susa, margravine of Turin
- date unknown –