1211 (MCCXI) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Julian calendar, the 1211th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 211th year of the 2nd millennium, the 11th year of the 13th century, and the 2nd year of the 1210s decade.
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1208 1209 1210 – 1211 – 1212 1213 1214|
|Ab urbe condita||1964|
|Balinese saka calendar||1132–1133|
|English Regnal year||12 Joh. 1 – 13 Joh. 1|
|Chinese calendar||庚午年 (Metal Horse)|
3907 or 3847
— to —
辛未年 (Metal Goat)
3908 or 3848
|- Vikram Samvat||1267–1268|
|- Shaka Samvat||1132–1133|
|- Kali Yuga||4311–4312|
|Japanese calendar||Jōgen (Kamakura period) 5 / Kenryaku 1|
|Minguo calendar||701 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1753–1754|
1337 or 956 or 184
— to —
1338 or 957 or 185
- The oldest extant double entry bookkeeping record dates from 1211
- Canons regular of the Order of the Holy Cross founded September 14 1211
- Troops led by Estonian resistance fighter Lembitu of Lehola destroy a garrison of missionaries in the historical Estonian region of Sakala and raid the Russian town of Pskov.
- Mongol forces under Genghis Khan invade Jin China, aiming at this stage simply to loot the countryside. A Chinese army is defeated and slaughtered at the Battle of the Badger's Mouth near Zhangjiakou and another is beaten at Mukden, where the city is taken. Beijing is also besieged by the Mongol hordes.
- Church at the French city of Reims burns down; soon after, construction begins on the cathedral, Notre Dame de Reims.
- Ibn Khallikan, Muslim scholar