|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1210 1211 1212 – 1213 – 1214 1215 1216|
- May 30 – Battle of Damme; English fleet under William Longsword destroyes a French fleet off the Belgian port in the first major victory for the fledgling Royal Navy.
- September 12 – Battle of Muret; The Toulousain and Aragonese forces of Raymond VI of Toulouse and Peter II of Aragon defeated by the Albigensian Crusade under Simon de Montfort
- Jin China is overrun by Mongols under Genghis Khan, who plunder the countryside and cities, until only Beijing remained free, despite two bloody palace coups and a lengthy siege.
- Pope Innocent III issues a charter, calling for the Fifth Crusade to recapture Jerusalem.
- September 12 – King Peter II of Aragon (killed in battle) (born 1174)
- September 24 – Gertrude of Merania, wife of Andrew II of Hungary (murdered) (born 1185)
- October 10 – Frederick II, Duke of Lorraine
- Dowsprunk, Grand Prince of Lithuania
- Geoffrey Fitz Peter, 1st Earl of Essex
- Sharafeddin Tusi, Persian mathematician (born 1135)