|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1211 1212 1213 – 1214 – 1215 1216 1217|
- Simon Apulia becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- June 20 – University of Oxford receives its charter.
- July 27 – Battle of Bouvines: In France, Philip II of France defeats John of England.
- Foundation of the German city of Bielefeld.
- The Emperor of Jin China surrenders to the Mongols under Genghis Khan who have been besieging Beijing for a year. He pays a huge ransom and then abandons Northern China, heading for Kaifeng.
- September 14 – Albert Avogadro, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem (born 1149)
- October 5 – King Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1155)
- October 31 – Leonora of England, queen of Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1162)
- December 4 – King William I of Scotland
- John de Gray, bishop of Norwich
- Rostislav II of Kiev (born 1173)
- Vsevolod IV of Kiev
- Rurik Rostislavich, Prince of Novgorod
- Steksys, Grand Prince of Lithuania