|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1470s 1480s 1490s – 1500s – 1510s 1520s 1530s|
|Years:||1501 1502 1503 – 1504 – 1505 1506 1507|
- January 1 – French troops surrender Gaeta to the Spanish under Cordoba.
- January 31 – France cedes Naples to Aragon.
- February 29 – Christopher Columbus uses his knowledge of a lunar eclipse that night to convince Native Americans to provide him with supplies.
- Michelangelo (Michelangelo Buonarroti) finishes his sculpture of David – August 8 it is erected in Florence.
- Moldavia, Stephan III the Great fights against Turkey and Poland.
- Baber besieges and captures Kabul.
- Ferdinand II of Aragon becomes King of Naples as Ferdinand III.
- Christopher Columbus return to Spain from his fourth voyage where he and his younger son, Ferdinand, explored the coast of Central America from Belize to Panama.
- Aldo Manuzio publishes Demosthenes.
- Grünenwald: "Crucifixion".
- Voyage of Juan de la Cosa to South America.
- A Funj leader, Amara Dunqas, founds the Black Sultanate (As Saltana az Zarqa) at Sennar. (History of Sudan (Coming of Islam to the Turkiyah))