|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1630s 1640s 1650s – 1660s – 1670s 1680s 1690s|
|Years:||1665 1666 1667 – 1668 – 1669 1670 1671|
- January – The Triple Alliance of 1668 is formed.
- February 13 Lisbon – Peace Treaty between Afonso VI of Portugal and Carlos II of Spain, by mediation of Charles II of England where it is recognized the legitimity of the Portuguese monarch. Portugal yields Ceuta to Spain.
- The first Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle ends the War of Devolution.
- Bishop Issac Barrow founds a trust to establish a university on the Isle of Man. (King William's College)
- July 25 – The magnitude 8.5 Shandong earthquake causes 43,000 to 50,000 deaths in Shandong during the Qing Dynasty, making it the largest historical earthquake in Eastern China.
- August 17 – The magnitude 8.0 North Anatolia earthquake causes 8,000 deaths in northern Anatolia, Ottoman Empire, and is the most powerful earthquake recorded in Turkey.
- First performance of Molière's comedy, Tartuffe
- The British East India Company takes over Bombay
- Foundation of the First National Bank of Europe in Stockholm, Sweden "Riskbank"
- Emperor Yohannes I of Ethiopia convenes a church council in Gondar, which decides to expel all Roman Catholics in Ethiopia.