|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1640s 1650s 1660s – 1670s – 1680s 1690s 1700s|
|Years:||1668 1669 1670 – 1671 – 1672 1673 1674|
- April – Battle of Saraighat. The Ahom general Lachit Borphukan defeated the Mughal forces on the outskirts of present-day Guwahati of then sovereign Assam.
- May 9 – Thomas Blood, disguised as a clergyman, attempts to steal the Crown Jewels from the Tower of London. He is immediately caught because he is too drunk to run with the loot. He would later be condemned to death and then mysteriously pardoned and exiled by King Charles II.
- June 22 – Ottoman Empire declares war on Poland
- April 21 - John Law, Scottish economist
- May 24 - Gian Gastone de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany
- June 11 - Yun Seon-do, Korean politician