2017 UEFA Champions League Final
The 2017 UEFA Champions League final was the last game of the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League season, which is Europe's top club football competition. It happened at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on June 3, 2017. In this final, Juventus from Italy faced Real Madrid from Spain, who were the current champions. Real Madrid won 4–1 and secured their 12th title. They became the first team to defend their title since Milan in 1990. Juventus, on the other hand, lost their fifth Champions League final in a row and their seventh overall out of nine finals they've reached.
|Event||2016–17 UEFA Champions League|
|Date||3 June 2017|
|Venue||Millennium Stadium, Cardiff|
|Man of the Match||Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)|
|Referee||Felix Brych (Germany)|
16 °C (61 °F)
As a result of winning the Champions League, Real Madrid earned a spot in the 2017 FIFA Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates. They also had the opportunity to play against the winners of the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League, Manchester United, in the 2017 UEFA Super Cup, and they won both of these competitions as well.
How they got here Edit
Note: In all results below, the score of the finalist is given first (H: home; A: away).
|Sevilla||0–0 (H)||Matchday 1||Sporting CP||2–1 (H)|
|Dinamo Zagreb||4–0 (A)||Matchday 2||Borussia Dortmund||2–2 (A)|
|Lyon||1–0 (A)||Matchday 3||Legia Warsaw||5–1 (H)|
|Lyon||1–1 (H)||Matchday 4||Legia Warsaw||3–3 (A)|
|Sevilla||3–1 (A)||Matchday 5||Sporting CP||2–1 (A)|
|Dinamo Zagreb||2–0 (H)||Matchday 6||Borussia Dortmund||2–2 (H)|
|Group H winners
|Final standings||Group F runners-up
|Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Knockout stage||Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Porto||3–0||2–0 (A)||1–0 (H)||Round of 16||Napoli||6–2||3–1 (H)||3–1 (A)|
|Barcelona||3–0||3–0 (H)||0–0 (A)||Quarter-finals||Bayern Munich||6–3||2–1 (A)||4–2 (aet) (H)|
|Monaco||4–1||2–0 (A)||2–1 (H)||Semi-finals||Atlético Madrid||4–2||3–0 (H)||1–2 (A)|
|Man of the Match:
Mark Borsch (Germany)
Stefan Lupp (Germany)
Other websites Edit
- "Majestic Real Madrid win Champions League in Cardiff". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Felix Brych appointed Champions League final referee".
- "Full Time Report Final – Juventus v Real Madrid" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 3 June 2017. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "full_time" defined multiple times with different content
- "Tactical Line-ups – Final – Saturday 3 June 2017" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "UEFA Champions League semi-final draw". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2016/17 Season" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. Retrieved 29 June 2016.