2026 (MMXXVI) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2026th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 26th year of the 3rd millennium, the 26th year of the 21st century, and the 7th year of the 2020s decade.
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2023 2024 2025 – 2026 – 2027 2028 2029|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- November 13 – Heinz von Foerster's predicted technological (or rather demographic) singularity occurs.
Computer and video gamesEdit
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (2007)
- "There Will Come Soft Rains", a short story by Ray Bradbury, is set on August 4.
- "Red Mars", the story begins on this date.
- seaQuest DSV: An economic summit takes place that places hundreds of thousands of undeveloped basins back on the market.
- Star Trek: Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly" (2005): World War III begins, continuing through 2053.
- Fringe episode "The Day We Died" (2011): Peter travels to this year when entering a machine. This is the year of Olivia Dunham's death.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2026.|
- "La Sagrada Familia – Vive la ciudad de Barcelona". barcelona.vivelaciudad.es.
- Amos, Jonathan (3 August 2012). "Rover on course for Mars landing" – via www.bbc.co.uk.