2028 (MMXXVIII) will be a leap year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2028th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 28th year of the 3rd millennium, the 28th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2020s decade.
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2025 2026 2027 – 2028 – 2029 2030 2031|
Predicted and scheduled events Edit
- April 14 – Partial solar eclipse
- July 21 – August 6: 2028 Summer Olympics will be held in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- July 22 – A total solar eclipse will be visible across Australia, including Sydney, and New Zealand.
- October 26 – Asteroid (35396) 1997 XF11 will pass 0.0062 AU (930,000 km; 580,000 mi) from the Earth.
Date unknown Edit
- End of replacement of A-10 Thunderbolt and F-16 Fighting Falcon fleets with F-35 Lightning II.
- Institution of African Monetary Union, bringing a common currency to members of the African Union.
- Lease on Moldauhafen port lot in Hamburg, Germany, to the Czech Republic is set to expire.
- The 2028 Summer Paralympics will be held in Los Angeles.