2045 (MMXLV) will be a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2045th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 45th year of the 3rd millennium, the 45th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2040s decade.
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2042 2043 2044 – 2045 – 2046 2047 2048|
|Ab urbe condita||2798|
|Balinese saka calendar||1966–1967|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
4741 or 4681
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4742 or 4682
|- Vikram Samvat||2101–2102|
|- Shaka Samvat||1966–1967|
|- Kali Yuga||5145–5146|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 27|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 134|
|Thai solar calendar||2588|
2171 or 1790 or 1018
— to —
2172 or 1791 or 1019
|Unix time||2366841600 – 2398377599|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- August 12 – A solar eclipse will occur from northern California to Florida.
- October 24 – 100th anniversary of the United Nations
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.
- Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.
- Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.
- Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.
- The United Kingdom is set to overtake Germany as Europe's leading economy.
- In the novel 2045: A Story of Our Future, Peter Seidel portrays what the world could be like in 2045, if current trends in environmental destruction, population growth, and economic inequality continue.
- Beginning of Corporation War in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- In South Africa white minority rule comes to an end as most of the whites are massacred in an uprising, in John Wyndham's The Outward Urge.
- The American Dad character Klaus has a body again and a grandson.
- The events portrayed in the movie Critters 4 take place in 2045.
- Time in History where Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars, the 3rd Tiberium War takes place.
- In Macross 7, The main events of the series take place in this year.
- Doomsday in Angels & Airwaves movie L)VE (LOVE)
- Lamb, Gregory M. (2005-12-10). "Progress at light speed: Ray Kurzweil". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "2045: The year man becomes immortal, published on 10 February 2011.
- "The Year the World Really Changed," Newsweek, November 16, 2009
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-19. Retrieved 2011-12-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The N-11: More Than an Acronym" Archived 2008-09-11 at the Wayback Machine - Goldman Sachs study of N11 nations, Global Economics Paper No: 153, March 28, 2007.