(Redirected from AD 1236)
1236 (MCCXXXVI) was a leap year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1200s 1210s 1220s – 1230s – 1240s 1250s 1260s|
|Years:||1233 1234 1235 – 1236 – 1237 1238 1239|
- January 14 – Henry III of England marries Eleanor of Provence.
- May 6 – Roger of Wendover, Benedictine monk and chronicler of St Albans Abbey dies. His chronicle is continued by Matthew Paris.
- September 22 – Lithuanians and Semigallians beat Livonian Brothers of the Sword in Battle of Siauliai
- Volga Bulgaria is conquered by Mongol khan Batu.
- Córdoba was retaken for Christianity as part of the Reconquista in 1236, and became a centre of activity against the remaining Islamic population.
- Accession of Razia al-Din to the Sultanate of Delhi.
- Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti,a Sufi Saint.