(Redirected from AD 1610)
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1580s 1590s 1600s – 1610s – 1620s 1630s 1640s|
|Years:||1607 1608 1609 – 1610 – 1611 1612 1613|
- January 7 – Galileo Galilei discovers the Galilean moons of Jupiter.
- March 12 – Swedish troops under Jacob de la Gardie take Moscow
- May 13-14 – Francois Ravaillac assassinates Henry IV of France
- May 27 – Ravaillac is executed by pulling him apart in the Place de Grève
- July 5 – John Guy sets sail from Bristol with 39 other colonists for Newfoundland.
- October 17 – Louis XIII of France crowned
- Johannes Fabricius is the first to observe sunspots by telescope.
- Poland captures Moscow, just to lose it again to Russian and Swedish troops.
- In Jamestown, Virginia, only 60 out of 500 settlers survive the harsh winter
- King of France expelled Muslims from his realm.
- Henry Hudson discovers Hudson Bay
- Arabella Stuart, pretender to the English throne, imprisoned for marrying William Seymour
- The Orion Nebula is discovered by Nicolas-Claude Fabri de Peiresc.
- Bonham's Case decided by Edward Coke chief justice of England's Court of Common Pleas. Coke affirmed the supremacy of the common law which limited the power of Parliament as well as the king.