(Redirected from AD 1622)
1622 was a common year.
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1590s 1600s 1610s – 1620s – 1630s 1640s 1650s|
|Years:||1619 1620 1621 – 1622 – 1623 1624 1625|
- January 1 – In the Gregorian calendar, January 1 is declared as the first day of the year, instead of March 25.
- February 8 – King James I of England disbands the English Parliament.
- March 22 – In the Jamestown massacre, Algonquian Native Americans kill 347 English settlers around Jamestown, Virginia (1/3 of the colony's population) and destroys the Henricus settlement.
- May 13 — the Eendracht, Dutch VOC sailing ship and the second recorded European ship to make landfall on Australian soil, is wrecked off the western coast of Ambon Island, Dutch East Indies.
- Étienne Brûlé is the first European to see Lake Superior.
- Portugal loses control of the island of Ormus, after 107 years.
- Albertus Magnus is beatified by the Roman Catholic Church.
- Spanish galleon Nuestra Señora de Atocha sinks off the Florida Keys, while carrying copper, silver, gold, tobacco, and indigo. (Wreck discovered 1985).