|Directed by||Cameron Crowe|
|Written by||Cameron Crowe|
|Produced by||Cameron Crowe|
|Edited by||Joe Hutshing|
|Music by||Jónsi & Alex|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
20th Century Fox
|May 29, 2015|
|Box office||$26.3 million|
The movie got negative reviews from critics. It has a 20% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Aloha was also a box office bomb and only made $26.3 million from its $37 million budget. The Hollywood Reporter estimated that the movies financial losses were close to $65 million by the time the movie ended its run in theatres.
The movie was criticized by Media Action Network for Asian-Americans for "whitewashing" the cast. Director Cameron Crowe said in a response: "I have heard your words and your disappointment, and I offer you a heart-felt apology to all who felt this was an odd or misguided casting choice. As far back as 2007, Captain Allison Ng was written to be a super-proud one quarter Hawaiian who was frustrated that, by all outward appearances, she looked nothing like one. A half-Chinese father was meant to show the surprising mix of cultures often prevalent in Hawaii. Extremely proud of her unlikely heritage, she feels personally compelled to over-explain every chance she gets. The character was based on a real-life, red-headed local who did just that." Emma Stone said that whitewashing was a problem in Hollywood and that she regretted being miscast.
- Bradley Cooper as Brian Gilcrest
- Emma Stone as Captain Allison Ng
- Rachel McAdams as Tracy Woodside
- Bill Murray as Carson Welch
- John Krasinski as John "Woody" Woodside
- Danny McBride as Colonel "Fingers" Lacy
- Alec Baldwin as General Dixon
- Bill Camp as Bob Largent
- Michael Chernus as Roy
- Jaeden Lieberher as Mitchell
- Danielle Rose Russell as Grace
- Edi Gathegi as Lieutenant Colonel Curtis
- Bumpy Kanahele as himself
- "Box Office: 'San Andreas' Scores Seismic $53.2M Debut; 'Aloha' Bombs". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Aloha". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Aloha". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Summer Box-Office Flops: 'Tomorrowland,' 'Fantastic Four' Top List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Cameron Crowe apologises for casting Emma Stone as 'part-Asian' in Aloha". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Emma Stone says she understands Hollywood whitewashing after Aloha controversy". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2016-01-02.