Andreja Pejić (born 28 August 1991) is an Australian model and actress.
28 August 1991
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Hair color||Light blonde|
She was born in Tuzla, Bosnia. During the Bosnian War she and her older brother Igor, mother, and grandmother fled to a refugee camp in Serbia. After the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia, Pejić's mother felt unsafe and in 2000 the family moved to Melbourne.
Career and personal lifeEdit
Pejić was assigned male at birth. She models both male and female clothing. Her website describes her as transgender. She was signed to Storm Models in February 2012. She has appeared on the cover of Russian Vogue and Elle Serbia. In February 2013 she appeared in the video for David Bowie's single "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)". In October 2013 an interview with her was published by La Monda magazine. In it she said publicly for the first time that she likes people calling her 'she' more than 'he' or other gender pronouns. In early 2014 she had sex reassignment surgery.
Her boyfriend is Rembrandt Duran.
- "Andreja Pejic". Storm Models. Archived from the original on 16 June 2015. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Andreja Pejic". Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Andrej Pejic | Storm Models | Models on FTAPE.COM". Archived from the original on 23 April 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "David Bowie: The Stars (Are Out Tonight) - watch the new video | Music |". Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "ANDREJ PEJIC - La Monda". Archived from the original on 31 July 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.