Andrew Yang 2020 presidential campaign
The 2020 presidential campaign of businessman Andrew Yang began when he announced his candidacy one day before the 2017 elections, on November 6, 2017.
|Andrew Yang 2020 presidential campaign|
|Campaign||2020 United States presidential election (Democratic Party primaries)|
|Status||Announced November 6, 2017|
Suspended February 11, 2020
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
The campaign has been thought to be a longshot (where people believe he has no chance of winning). Yang is the first Asian-American man to run for president as a Democrat, and, if elected, would become the first Asian-American to become president.
- Garrova, Robert (January 7, 2019). "N.H. Family To Receive $1,000 A Month From Presidential Candidate Running On Universal Basic Income". New Hampshire Public Radio. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "What is UBI?". Andrew Yang for President. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- http://www.washingtontimes.com, The Washington Times. "Entrepreneur, Democratic hopeful Andrew Yang campaigns on universal basic income". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- Weatherhead, Timothy (2019-01-11). "Universal basic income is the solution to a worsening problem". TheHill. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Andrew Yang ends his campaign for presidency". USA Today. February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.