Andrew Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American entrepreneur, political commentator and Founder of Venture for America, and was a candidate running for President of the United States in the 2020 presidential election as a Democrat.
Yang in August 2019
|The War on Normal People (2018) Smart People Should Build Things (2014)|
Evelyn Yang (m. 2010)
|Awards||Presidential Ambassador of Global Entrepreneurship (2015) White House Champion of Change (2012)|
Yang has started and helped run new companies and companies in their early stages. He is the author of Smart People Should Build Things, a book about entrepreneurship, published by HarperCollins, and The War on Normal People, about people's jobs being replaced by technology, published by Hachette Book Group.
In November 2017, Yang filed to run for President of the United States in 2020 as a Democrat. Supporters of Yang are known as the "Yang Gang". Yang proposed that the government should pay all Americans $1000 every month. He ended his campaign on February 11, 2020 after a poor performance in the New Hampshire primary. Days later, Yang joined CNN as a political commentator.
- Yang, Andrew. "Smart People Should Build Things - Andrew Yang - E-book". HarperCollins US. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Yang, Andrew (May 2018). The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future. Hachette Books. ISBN 978-0316414241.
- "His 2020 Campaign Message: The Robots Are Coming". Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- ""Politics Analysis The Trailer: 2020 has its candidate for people who hate politicians"". Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- "Andrew Yang ends his campaign for presidency". USA Today. February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- Weprin, Alex (February 19, 2020). "Andrew Yang Joins CNN as a Political Commentator". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 19, 2020.