Angélique Kpasseloko Hinto Hounsinou Kandjo Manta Zogbin Kidjo, commonly known as Angélique Kidjo, is a Beninoise singer-songwriter and activist. She is noted for her diverse musical influences and creative music videos.
|Birth name||Angélique Kpasseloko Hinto Hounsinou Kandjo Manta Zogbin Kidjo|
|Born||July 14, 1960|
|Genres||Afropop, Afrobeat, reggae, world music, world fusion, worldbeat, jazz, gospel, Latin|
|Labels||Island, Mango, PolyGram, Columbia, Razor & Tie|
Time Magazine called her "Africa's premier diva". The Guardian listed her as one of their Top 100 Most Inspiring Women in the World. She was the first woman to be listed on "The 40 Most Powerful Celebrities In Africa" by Forbes Magazine.
- Pretty (1988) (African release only)
- Parakou (1990)
- Logozo (1991)
- Ayé (1994)
- Fifa (1996)
- Oremi (1998)
- Keep On Moving: The Best Of Angelique Kidjo (2001)
- Black Ivory Soul (2002)
- Oyaya! (2004)
- Djin Djin (2007)
- Õÿö (2010)
- Spirit Rising (Live) (2012)
- Danish Music Awards: Best Female Singer (Denmark, 1995)
- Kora Music Awards: Best African Female artist (Africa, 1997)
- Mobo Awards for Best World Music Act (UK, 2002)
- Grammy Award for Best Contemporary World Music Album (USA, 2008)
- Commander of the National Order of Benin (Benin, 2008)
- Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary World Music Album (USA, 2011)
- "Africa | Time for Peace". Africatimeforpeace.com. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- "Albums by Angélique Kidjo". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- Perry, Alex (May 23, 2007). "Redemption Song". Time.
- Khaleeli, Homa (March 8, 2011). "Angélique Kidjo". The Guardian. London.
- Mfonobong Nsehe, Forbes.