Bamberg State Library
|Type||Regional library, research library|
|Established||September 9, 1803|
|Location||Neue Residenz, Domplatz 8, 96049 Bamberg, Federal Republic of Germany|
|Size||more than 566,000 volumes|
|Legal deposit||Upper Franconia (since 1987)|
|Phone number||+49 951 95503-0|
There are also about 6,400 manuscripts in the library. Among these is the Bamberg Apocalypse, a richly illuminated manuscript from the 11th century. The Bamberg Apocalypse and two other manuscripts were recognized in UNESCO's Memory of the World register. Some of the library's oldest manuscripts were brought to Bamberg by the Holy Roman Emperor Henry II.
- "The State Library in Numbers". Bamberg State Library. Retrieved June 5, 2022.
Other websites Edit
- (in English) Website of the Bamberg State Library
- (in English) Catalogue of the Bamberg State Library
- (in English) Manuscripts of Emperor Henry II with the digital collections of manuscripts traced back to Henry II
- (in German) Treasures of the Bamberg State Library with the digital collections of rare books, manuscripts and graphics