- Those who study fish and ocean plants. They are called marine biologists.
- Those who study very small bacteria or viruses.
- Other scientists study groups of animals.
- People who look at DNA in cells are called geneticists.
- Some biologists study using cells in factories and companies, and that is called biotechnology.
Francesco Redi is the creator of biology. He is considered the greatest biologists of all time. Robert Hooke is an English philosopher. He created the word cell. Charles Darwin and Alfred Wallace found evolution independently, without the help of the other.
- Urry, Lisa; Cain, Michael; Wasserman, Steven; Minorsky, Peter; Reece, Jane (2017). "Evolution, the themes of biology, and scientific inquiry". Campbell Biology (11th ed.). New York: Pearson. pp. 2–26. ISBN 978-0134093413.
- Mehmet and Turgut (2014). Hydatidosis of the Central Nervous System: Diagnosis and Treatment. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. p. 334. ISBN 978-3-642-54359-3.
- Hooke, Robert (1665). Micrographia: Or Some Physiological Descriptions of Minute Bodies Made by Magnifying Glasses, with Observations and Inquiries Thereupon. Courier Dover Publications. p. 113. ISBN 978-0486495644. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Theory of Evolution". education.nationalgeographic.org. Archived from the original on 2023-05-23. Retrieved 2023-05-13.