A scientist is a person who studies or has master the field in science. A scientist tries to understand how our world, or other things, work. Scientists make observations, ask questions and do extensive research work in finding the answers to many questions others may not know about. Scientist has searched many things
Scientists may work in laboratories for governments, companies, schools and research institutes. Some scientists teach at universities and other places and train people to become scientists. Scientists often make experiments to find out more about reality, and sometimes may repeat experiments or use control groups. Scientists who are doing applied science try to use scientific knowledge to improve the world.
Types of scientistsEdit
Scientists can work in different areas of science. Here are some examples:
- Scientists that study physics are physicists.
- Scientists that study chemistry are chemists.
- Scientists that study biology are biologists
- Scientists that study rocks are geologists
- Scientists that study plants are botanists
- Scientists that study minds are psychologists
- Scientists that study farming are agricultural scientists
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scientists.|
- History of science
- List of scientists from Africa
- List of scientists from Asia
- List of scientists from Europe
- List of scientists from North America
- List of scientists from Oceania
- List of scientists from South America