List of scientists from Oceania
Wikimedia list article
- Pages appear in Category:Australian scientists
- Elizabeth Blackburn
- Peter C. Doherty - he got the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine; he is a medical doctor and veterinarian
- Ted Evans (public servant), was Secretary of the Department of the Treasury; economist
- Peter Gavin Hall, was one of only three researchers based outside of North America to win the COPSS presidents' Award; Mathematics, statistics; died in 2016
- Brian Schmidt, he and two others have a share in the 2011 Nobel Prize in Physics
- Nancy Adams, got the awards, Queen's Service Order, and the New Zealand 1990 Commemoration Medal. Botany; died in 2007
- Margaret Cruickshank, the first registered woman doctor in New Zealand; died in 1918
- Fred Hollows; Medicine, surgery, ophthalmology; died in 1993
- David McNiven Garner
- William Phillips (economist), known for his work about the Phillips curve; economist
- Ernest Rutherford - he got the Nobel Prize in Chemistry; nuclear physicist, and chemist; he died in 1937
- Pat Suggate
- Maurice Wilkins
Papua New GuineaEdit
- "25 Famous Australian Scientists and their Contributions".
- Dasgupta, Shreya (29 April 2019). "Meet the winners of the 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize". Mongabay. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "Jacqueline Evans". The Goldman Environmental Prize. 29 April 2019. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Haines, Catharine (2001). International women in science: a biographical dictionary to 1950. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO. p. 2. ISBN 1-57607-090-5.
- Goldman, Jason G. "Giant Tree-Dwelling, Coconut-Eating Rat Species Discovered". Scientific American.