List of scientists from South America
Wikimedia list article
This is a list of scientists from South America.
- Ivan Izquierdo, Argentine-Brazilian neuroscientist. A pioneer of neurobiology of learning and memory
- Andres Carrasco - molectular biologist. studied the effects of glyphosate used on transgenic crops.
- Bernardo Houssay - doctor, Nobel prize (Physiology and Medicine) with two others on how hormones use sugar
- Ivan Izquierdo - neuroscientist, studied memory in mammals
- Erico Spinadel - industrial engineer. worked with wind and nuclear power
- Warwick Estevam Kerr - geneticist and entomologist. Member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences of the United States the Third World Academy of Sciences and the National Order of Scientific Merit
- Israel Klabin - mathematician and civil engineer. second mayor of Rio de Janeiro
- Luiz Alberto Dias Menezes - geologist, f the mineral menezesite is named for him.
- Fritz Müller - German born evolutionary biologist, known for Müllerian mimicry
- Luiz Pinguelli Rosa - nuclear physicist , researcher and educator
- Pages appear in Category:Chilean scientists
- Fernando Lugo (born 1951), sociologist; president of Paraguay
- Jules Sedney (d. 2020), economist, prime minister
- "The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1947". The Nobel Foundation. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "National Academy of Sciences". nas.nasonline.org.
- Buch, Shilpa; Rouse, Barry T.; Gendelman, Howard E.; Zink, M. Christine; Clements, Janice E. (March 2008). "Opendra "Bill" Narayan (1936–2007): A Personal Tribute to a Friend, Teacher, and Colleague". Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 3 (1): 1–4. doi:10.1007/s11481-008-9101-y. ISSN 1557-1890.