city in western DeKalb County, Georgia, United States
Brookhaven is a city in western DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. It is northeast of Atlanta. Brookhaven became DeKalb County's 11th city on December 17, 2012. It has been approved in a referendum on July 31, 2012.
|City of Brookhaven|
Brookhaven, North Atlanta
|• Total||49,000 (est.)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
- "Brookhaven looks at city options - Dunwoody Crier: Home". Thecrier.net. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2013-07-14.[permanent dead link]
- "CITY OF BROOKHAVEN: Request for Proposal (RFP) For Risk Management & Insurance Services For the City of Brookhaven, Georgia; Governor’s Commission on Brookhaven (“Commission”), December 3, 2012[permanent dead link]
- Hunt, April. "No Brookhaven, but Ashford still a possibility". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Brookhaven residents vote to create new city", Reporter Newspapers, July 31, 2012
- "Georgia scraps over creation of new, mostly white cities Archived 2013-05-28 at the Wayback Machine" - USA Today 2012/07/30