Dexter's Laboratory (commonly abbreviated as Dexter's Lab) is an American science fiction animated television series. It was created by Genndy Tartakovsky for the Cartoon Network. The series was broadcast from 1996 to 2003. It was about a red-haired boy named Dexter who had a secret laboratory filled with large number of his inventions. His inventions are normally destroyed by his older sister, Dee Dee. This causes Dexter to have to recreate his inventions. The series was followed by a Spin-off and related media. There has also been a television movie, Dexter's Lab Movie in Ego Trip (1999). and also a upcoming reboot in late 2024.
|Created by||Genndy Tartakovsky|
|Voices of||Christine Cavanaugh|
|Opening theme||"Dexter's Laboratory" (main title)|
|Ending theme||"Dexter's Laboratory" (end title)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||78 (223) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Larry Huber|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios|
Warner Bros. Animation
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||April 28, 1996 –|
November 20, 2003
|Followed by||Dexter's Laboratory (2024 series)|
- Dexter is a genius. He works on inventions in his top-secret laboratory. His inventions help himself or the world. Dexter's inventions are usually smashed by his sister, Dee Dee. Dexter also keeps his lab a secret from his clueless parents. Dexter is motivated and inspired by Albert Einstein and other geniuses. Dexter has glasses, red hair, a lab coat and gloves and boots. The character was voiced by Christine Cavanaugh and Candi Milo.
- Dee Dee is Dexter's sister. She is a tallest blonde girl. Dee Dee is not as smart as Dexter. She dances around Dexter's lab. Dee Dee usually plays around with Dexter and crushes his inventions. Dee Dee is interested in ballet. She wears a short pink skirt and normal shoes. Dee Dee is voiced by Allison Moore and Kat Cressida.
- Dexter's mother (Mom) is voiced by Kath Soucie.
- Dexter's father (Dad) is voiced by Jeff Bennett.
The series was one of Cartoon Network president Betty Cohen's favorite animated programs. In an August 2002 Billboard interview, rapper Coolio said that he is a fan of the series. He states, "I watch a lot of cartoons because I have kids. I actually watch more cartoons than movies."
Upcoming reboot seriesEdit
The series was called Almost Dexter's Laboratory reboot of the 1996 series, and developed by Nico Colaleo, produced by Cartoon Network Studios and animated by Inspidea in Malaysia, planned in early 2020, during production and resolved in 2023 rewrote and foward to 2024, this parodic version of the original show as a straightfoward light-hearted nature of the original show, similar of the 2016 The Powerpuff Girls.
- ↑ Furman, Phyllis (November 8, 1999). "Cartoon Network on Rise Popular Shows Put Nick in Rival's Edge". Daily News. New York. Archived from the original on September 13, 2018. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ↑ Hay, Carla (August 3, 2002). "TV Themes and 'Dexter'". Billboard. Vol. 114, no. 31. p. 12. ISSN 0006-2510. Archived from the original on September 29, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2012.