Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is a superhero movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange that will be released on May 6, 2022. It is produced by Marvel Studios, and is the twenty-eighth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). It is a sequel to Doctor Strange, which was released in 2016.
Following the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) and the first season of Loki (2021), Dr. Stephen Strange casts a forbidden spell that opens the door to the multiverse, including an alternate version of Strange, whose threat to humanity is too great for the combined forces of Strange, Wong, and Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange and a alternate version of him
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer
- Chiwitel Ejiofor as Karl Mordo
- Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez
Additionally, Michael Stuhlbarg reprises his role as Nicodemus West, a rival surgeon to Strange, from Doctor Strange (2016).