Elaine Stritch (February 2, 1925 – July 17, 2014) was an American actress and vocalist. She was known for her role as Colleen Donaghy in 30 Rock. Stritch was nominated for five Tony Awards. She won three Emmy Awards and two Drama Desk Awards.
Stritch was born on February 2, 1925 in Detroit, Michigan to an Irish-Welsh family. She studied at The New School in New York City. Stritch was married to John Bay from 1973 until his death in 1982. She lived in Birmingham, Michigan.
- "Elaine Stritch profile at FilmReference.com". filmreference. 2008. Retrieved January 8, 2009.
- ROBERT BERKVIST; BRUCE WEBER. "Elaine Stritch, Tart-Tongued Broadway Actress and Singer, Is Dead at 89". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Staff. "Elaine Stritch, Acerbic Tony and Emmy Winner, Dies at 89". Variety. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elaine Stritch.|
- Elaine Stritch at the Internet Broadway Database
- Elaine Stritch on IMDb
- Tommasini, Anthony (January 7, 2006). "A Broadway Legend's Lessons for Singers". The New York Times. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Just A Minute Transcript