Japanese era from October 1673 to November 1681
Enpō (延宝), also Empo, was a Japanese era name (年号,, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Kanbun and before Tenna. This period started in September 1673 and ended in September 1681. During this time, the reigning emperor was Reigen-tennō (霊元天皇).
Events of the Enpō eraEdit
- 1675 (Enpō 3): A great fire in Heian-kyō.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Empo" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 176.
- Nussbaum, "Reigen Tennō," p. 785; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 414-415.
- Titsingh, p. 414.
- Hall, John Whitney. (1970). Japan: From Prehistory to Modern Times, p. 209.
- Tanaka, Hiroyuki. (1993). "The Ogasawara Islands in Tokugawa Japan", Kaiji Shi Kenkyuu (Journal of the Maritime History).
- Titsingh, p. 414; Meyer, Eva-Maria. (1999). Japans Kaiserhof in der Edo-Zeit, p. 186; Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), 後水尾天皇 (108); retrieved 2012-5-27.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: