Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei
Iranian cultural politician
Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei (Persian: اسفندیار رحیممشایی; born 16 November 1960) is an Iranian conservative politician. He was a cabinet member during the President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad administration. He was the First Vice President of Iran for one week in 2009 until his resignation was ordered by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
- ↑ Tehran Prosecutor Confirms Hikers' Sentences, Tehran Bureau, 20 August 2011, retrieved 11 December 2016,
There has also been much discussion about whether there is any link between the Front and Mashaei. Conservative Majles deputy Hamid Reza Katouzian said that the Front is the same as Raayeheh-e Khosh-e Khedmat (RKK, or the Sweet Scent of Service), a pro-Ahmadinejad group that was active from 2006 to 2009. Katouzian added that Mashaei was the leader of the RKK and claimed that the behind-the-scenes leaders of the Front are Mashaei and Vice President for Executive Affairs Hamid Baghaei, another close and controversial Ahmadinejad aide.
- ↑ http://www.tabnak.ir/fa/news/322114/جزئیات-سفر-فامیلی-احمدی-نژاد-به-نیویورک
- ↑ نشانهای دولتی در روزهای پایانی خاتمی و احمدینژاد به چهکسانی رسید؟. Tasnim News Agency (in Persian). 24 August 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- ↑ Muhammad Sahimi (29 June 2010), "Who's in Charge?", Tehran Bureau, PBS
- ↑ "Revolutionary Leader's letter to the President about Mr. Mashaei" (in Persian). Khamenei website. 18 July 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- ↑ "Iranian vice-president 'sacked'". BBC News. 25 December 2007. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- ↑ "Iran's Ahmadinejad demotes top advisor". Los Angeles Times. 9 April 2011. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- ↑ Ahmadinejad grooms chief-of-staff to take over as Iran's president, Saeed Kamali Dehghan 21 April 2011