Five Star Movement
The party was formed by Beppe Grillo and Gianroberto Casaleggio in October 2009. Beppe Grillo served as leader of the party from 2009 to 2017. In September 2017, Luigi Di Maio became leader of the party.
From 2014, the party has was a member of the Eurosceptic Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy (EFDD) group in the European Parliament. However, in 2017 party members of the Five Star Movement voted to leave the EFDD.
- "Five Star and League: Italy populist leaders close to government deal".
- "Can Beppe Grillo's internet democracy work?".
- Beppe Grillo: "La causa della crisi è la globalizzazione"
- The maverick populists striking fear into Italy's mainstream parties
- Rankin, Jennifer (9 January 2017). "Ukip's EU funding at risk after M5S quits Nigel Farage's Brussels group". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 December 2019.