Frank Popper (April 17, 1918 – July 12, 2020) was a French historian of art and technology. He was Professor Emeritus of Aesthetics and the Science of Art at the University of Paris VIII. He was author of the books: Origins and Development of Kinetic Art, Art, Action, and Participation, Art of the Electronic Age and From Technological to Virtual Art.
|Died||July 12, 2020 (aged 102)|
|Citizenship||Dual French and British citizenship|
|Alma mater||Paris-Sorbonne University|
|Known for||Historian of art and technology|
- Popper, Frank (15 February 1975). "Art, action and participation". Studio Vista – via National Library of Australia (new catalog).
- "Présidence de la République". Archived from the original on 2010-06-03. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- Lieser, Wolf. Digital Art. Langenscheidt: h.f. ullmann. 2009 p. 283
- "Frank Popper, Spirit Rector of Kinetic Art, is celebrating his 100th birthday". Leonardo/ISAST. 12 April 2018.
- FRank Popper (1918-2020)
- Centre d'Art Contemporain Frank Popper, Marcigny, France
- From Technological to Virtual Art book by Frank Popper
- Frank Popper interviewed by Joseph Nechvatal