Freeport is a city in Brazoria County, Texas within the Houston – Sugar Land – Baytown Metropolitan Area in Southeast Texas. As of the 2000 U.S. census, the city population was 12,708. Freeport is about sixteen miles from Angleton.
City of Freeport
|Incorporated||February 10 1917|
|• Mayor||Larry McDonald|
|• Total||13.3 sq mi (34.3 km2)|
|• Land||11.9 sq mi (30.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|Elevation||0 (Sea Level) ft (0 m)|
|• Density||1,069.6/sq mi (413/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1357720|
Dow Chemical is the major employer in Freeport, as the company operates a large chemical plant complex in Freeport.
- "US Census Bureau Population Finder: Freeport, TX". factfinder.census.gov. Archived from the original on 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2007-02-02.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Other websites change
- Freeport's Official Homepage
- Brazosport ISD's Official Homepage
- Freeport Offshore Fishing Charter Archived 2014-12-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Historic materials about Freeport, hosted by the Portal to Texas History
- Handbook of Texas: Freeport