GB News is a free opinion based television channel in the United Kingdom. It started on 13 June 2021 on Freeview, Sky, YouView, Freesat and Virgin Media. Although it is on British television, GB News is neither owned nor funded by British sources. Its first chairman was Andrew Neil until 13 September 2021, who used to work for the BBC. The Financial Times said it would be "right-leaning". The Guardian and City A.M. said it would be like the American news television channel Fox News.
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom|
|Slogan||Britain's news channel|
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Owner||All Perspectives Ltd.|
|Key people||Angelos Frangopoulos (CEO, non British)|
Andrew Neil (former Chairman, British)
|Launched||13 June 2021|
- "Andrew Neil announces 24 hour GB News channel to rival BBC and Sky". ITV News. 25 September 2020.
- Shields, Bevan (2021-02-21). "The Australian shaking up British broadcasting". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- "ALL PERSPECTIVES LTD persons with significant control - Find and update company information - GOV.UK". find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- PA Media (2021-01-06). "Dubai-based investment group and pro-Brexit investor among £60m funders to back GB News as it recruits 120 journalists". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- Correspondent, Jake Kanter, Media. "GB News backers voice support for beleaguered channel". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- "McCulloch, Norman George, (30 June 1882–8 March 1965), resigned as Chairman Shirley Institute, Didsbury, Manchester, 1960", Who Was Who, Oxford University Press, 2007-12-01, doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u57687, retrieved 2022-04-03
- Barker, Alex (25 September 2020). "Andrew Neil to lead new right-leaning UK TV news channel". Financial Times. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Wilson, Eliot (2 October 2020). "Andrew Neil's GB News will test whether there is appetite for a Fox News-style news channel in the UK". City AM. Retrieved 2 October 2020.
- Waterson, Jim (29 August 2020). "Rivals plan Fox News-style opinionated TV station in UK". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Tobitt, Charlotte (12 March 2021). "What is GB News? In-depth briefing about Andrew Neil's new channel". Press Gazette. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- GB News [@GBNEWS] (12 March 2021). "Award winning journalist, broadcaster and author @LiamHalligan is joining GB News" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- GB News [@GBNEWS] (5 March 2021). "Our journalism team is growing! GB News welcomes Alex Phillips @ThatAlexWoman to our on-air team and @MitchellCMM as an executive producer" (Tweet) – via Twitter.