Groningen is a province in the Northeast of the Netherlands. At the east is the German region Lower Saxony, in the south is Drenthe, in the west is Friesland (or Fryslân in Frisian) and in the north is the Wadden Sea.
The capital of Groningen is also called Groningen. People from Groningen often call Groningen City "stad" ("city") and the rest of the province "Ommelanden" (which means something like "surrounding lands").
- Official website
- Website of the Capital City
- Alternative Website of the Capital City (Local Shops and Small Businesses)
- Map of Groningen
- Website of the University
- Website of the Polytechnic
- Map of Province Archived 2005-02-08 at the Wayback Machine