Gulf of Oman
strait that connects the Arabian Sea with the Strait of Hormuz
The Gulf of Oman is an arm of the Arabian Sea that borders Iran and south-western Pakistan to the north and Oman and the United Arab Emirates to the south. The Gulf of Oman used to be called The Sea of Oman on old maps.
- See references:
- Exact location of "Persian Sea" can be seen on maps depicted at: 
- "The Book of Duarte Barbosa" by Duarte Barbosa, Mansel Longworth Dames. 1989. p.79. ISBN 978-81-206-0451-3
- "The Natural History of Pliny". by Pliny, Henry Thomas Riley, John Bostock. 1855. p.117
- "The Countries and Tribes of the Persian Gulf" by Samuel Barrett Miles - 1966. p.148
- "The Life & Strange Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe of York, Mariner". by Daniel Defoe. 1895. p.279
- "The Outline of History: Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind". by Herbert George Well. 1920. p.379.
- "The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge" by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck. 1910. p.242