International Music Score Library Project
project for the creation of a virtual library of public domain music scores
The International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP), also known as the Petrucci Music Library after publisher Ottaviano Petrucci, is a project for the creation of a virtual library of public domain music scores, based on wikis.
Type of site
|Music score library|
|Available in||Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|
|Owner||Project Petrucci LLC|
|Created by||Edward W. Guo (Feldmahler)|
|Registration||Optional (required for contributing)|
|Launched||February 16, 2006|
|Current status||Online; Reopened (June 30, 2008) |
(Closed October 19, 2007 – June 29, 2008)
IMSLP states on its site that it is owned by Project Petrucci LLC. Physical contact information is provided, listing only an address in the United States.
- Choral Public Domain Library: focused on choral and vocal music.
- Musopen: focused on recordings.
- Mutopia Project: focused on typeset scores.
- Werner Icking Music Archive: contains mainly early music. (It was merged with IMSLP)
- ↑ Wakin, Daniel J. (February 22, 2011). "Free Trove of Music Scores on Web Hits Sensitive Copyright Note". The New York Times.
- ↑ "IMSLP-About – IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- Website (Alternate addresses: http://petruccimusiclibrary.org Archived 2013-11-03 at the Wayback Machine, http://petruccilibrary.org Archived 2018-06-20 at the Wayback Machine)
- Wiki Homepage
- EU Server Portal
- US Server Portal
- CA Server Portal
- Project Leonardo Portal
- International Music Score Library Project Raises Copyright Concerns, New York Times, February 22, 2011
- Music copyright in the spotlight. BBC News 2 November 2007