American actor (1940–2022)
James Langston Edmund Caan (March 26, 1940 – July 6, 2022) was an American movie, stage and television actor. He is known for his role of Sonny Corleone in 1972's The Godfather and for his role as Ed Deline on Las Vegas. He was nominated for many awards, including the Academy Award, Emmy and Golden Globe. He also played Frank in Thief, Paul Sheldon in Misery and Walter Hobbs in Elf.
James Langston Edmund Caan
March 26, 1940
|Died||July 6, 2022 (aged 82)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Heart attack|
|Resting place||Eden Memorial Park Cemetery, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Jimmy Caan|
Dee Jay Mattis
(m. 1960; div. 1966)
Sheila Marie Ryan
(m. 1976; div. 1977)
(m. 1990; div. 1995)
(m. 1995; div. 2017)
|Children||5, including Scott Caan|
Caan was the son of Sophie (née Falkenstein) and Arthur Caan, Jewish immigrants from Germany. He was a conservative and supported Donald Trump.
Caan died on July 6, 2022 at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California from a heart attack caused by coronary artery disease at the age of 82.
- ↑ Model, Betsy. "The Ultimate Caan". Cigar Aficionado. Archived from the original on December 6, 2006. Retrieved December 13, 2006.
- ↑ "James Caan Refuses to Be the Typical 'Hollywood Liberal'". Fox News. April 11, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2022.
- ↑ Pulver, Andrew (July 7, 2022). "The Godfather star James Caan dies aged 82". The Guardian.
- ↑ Koseluk, Chris (2022-07-07). "James Caan, Macho Leading Man of Hollywood, Dies at 82". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2022-07-07.
- ↑ Rice, Nicholas (July 23, 2022). "James Caan's Cause of Death Revealed as a Combination of Heart Problems". People. Retrieved July 23, 2022.
- James Caan on IMDb
- James Caan at the Notable Names Database