This village is located at the beginning of the valley of the Vrbanja river. It is on the northeastern slopes of the Vlašić mountain. It is 8 kilometres (5.0 miles) km to Šiprage and 38 kilometres (24 miles) to Kotor-Varoš. The valley spreads along the Vrbanja river to its estuary in Vrbas (Banja Luka). The Ilomska river is north of Kruševo Brdo. All local roads descend into this place.
During the Bosnian War (1992–95), Bosnian Serb Police and Army forces destroyed Bosniaks's villages downstream along the Vrbanja from Kruševo Brdo, via Šiprage, and Kotor Varoš to Banja Luka. After 1996, most of the Bosniak's villages were partly restored thanks to the Luxembourgish government.
- Vojnogeografski institut, Ed. (1955): Travnik (List karte 1:100.000, Izohipse na 20 m). Vojnogeografski institut, Beograd.
- Spahić M. et al. (2000): Bosna i Hercegovina (1:250.000). Izdavačko preduzeće „Sejtarija", Sarajevo.
- Gutman R. (1993): A witness to genocide: The 1993 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Dispatches on the "Ethnic Cleansing" of Bosnia. Macmillan Publishing Company, Inc., New York, ISBN 9780020329954., pp: 72-76.
- "BOSNIA – HERZEGOVINA (IFOR-SFOR)". googleusercontent.com. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "CCRP - Command and Control Research Program". dodccrp.org. Retrieved 29 July 2015.