Kylie Ann Minogue, AO, OBE (//; born 28 May 1968) is an Australian singer, songwriter and actress, sometimes known simply as Kylie. She became popular in the late 1980s, because of her role in the Australian television soap opera Neighbours, before becoming a dance-pop singer.
Kylie Ann Minogue
28 May 1968
|Relatives||Dannii Minogue (sister)|
|Associated acts||Kylie and Garibay|
She was signed to a contract by British songwriters and producers Stock, Aitken & Waterman, she got hit records throughout the world. Her popularity began to decline by the early 1990s and she left Stock, Aitken & Waterman in 1992. For years she tried to become an independent performer and songwriter. Her projects were widely talked about, but her albums resulted in the lowest sales of her career.
In 2000, Minogue became popular again as a dance-pop singer and became well known for her sexual music videos and elaborate concerts. She has one of the longest and most successful careers in pop music, and she has become one of the most recognisable celebrities and sex symbols. In Australia, she holds the record for the highest concert ticket sales for a woman, and has had nine singles at number one on the ARIA Singles Chart.
On 17 May 2005, Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was on tour at the time, and the rest of it had to be cancelled. Minogue had surgery for it on 21 May 2005 at a hospital in Malvern, Victoria, and started chemotherapy soon afterwards. She finished her chemotherapy treatment in January 2006 but still needed six more weeks of radiotherapy to stop any new cancerous tumours from growing.
- Kylie (1988)
- Enjoy Yourself (1989)
- Rhythm of Love (1990)
- Let's Get to It (1991)
- Kylie Minogue (1994)
- Impossible Princess (1997)
- Light Years (2000)
- Fever (2001)
- Body Language (2003)
- X (2007)
- Aphrodite (2010)
- Kiss Me Once (2014)
- Kylie Christmas (2015)
- Kylie Christmas: Snow Queen Edition (2016)
- Golden (2018)
- CNN.com International "Minogue's Cancer Shock Ends Tour", 17 May 2005, URL last accessed on November 2006.
- "Kylie begins cancer treatment", CNN.com, 19 May 2005, URL last accessed on 25 November 2006.
- The Times Online "Kylie Finishes 'Successful' Breast Cancer Treatment", Simon Freebman, 16 January 2006, URL last accessed on 25 November 2006.
- Kylie Minogue looks purr-fect
- Kylie Minogue announces engagement