Lauren Bacall (/ /, born Betty Joan Perske; September 16, 1924 – August 12, 2014) was an American movie, radio and stage actress and model. She was well known for her deep voice. She started acting in the 1940s. She acted until 2014. She had big roles in movies like The Big Sleep and Dark Passage.
Bacall in the 1940s
Betty Joan Perske
September 16, 1924
|Died||August 12, 2014 (aged 89)|
New York City, U.S.
|Cause of death||Stroke|
Humphrey Bogart (m. 1945–1957)(his death)
(m. 1961; div. 1969)
|Relatives||Shimon Peres (cousin)|
Bacall was the fourth wife of actor Humphrey Bogart. They were married until Bogart died in 1957. They had a son, Stephen (born 1949), and a daughter, Leslie (born 1952). Bacall married Jason Robards in 1961. They had one son, Sam (born 1961). They divorced in 1969. Bacall was once briefly engaged to singer Frank Sinatra.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Bacall.|
- Tyrnauer, Matt (2011-03-10). "To Have and Have Not". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "American Actress Lauren Bacall celebrated 88th Birthday today". MeetHollywoodStars. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Lauren Bacall Fast Facts". CNN.com. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (August 12, 2014). "Lauren Bacall Dies". People. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Lauren Bacall on IMDb
- Lauren Bacall at the TCM Movie Database
- Lauren Bacall at TV.com
- Interview with Larry King on CNN
- Article about the "origin" of the "Rat Pack" taken mainly from her book "Lauren Bacall, By Myself", (New York: Knopf, 1978)
- Lauren Bacall Official website - at LaurenBacall.com