province of Argentina
Mendoza is a Province of Argentina. It is in the region called Cuyo. The province borders San Juan in the north, San Luis and La Pampa in the east, Neuquén in the south, and Chile to the west.
It is the major wine producer of Argentina and has many other crops. It has the highest mountain in the country, Aconcagua.
Mendoza has a population of 1,579,651 people (2001). Spanish is the main language but many people also speak English, Italian and Portuguese.
- Official site (in Spanish)
- Mendoza Ministry of Tourism and Culture (in Spanish)
- Discover Mendoza - Turism in Mendoza (in Spanish)
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo Archived 2009-06-16 at the Wayback Machine (in Spanish)
- Map of Mendoza
- Pictures of Mendoza Archived 2007-03-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Mendoza at the Great Wine Capitals Archived 2006-11-02 at the Wayback Machine
|Provinces of Argentina|
|Buenos Aires | Buenos Aires Province | Catamarca | Chaco | Chubut | Córdoba | Corrientes | Entre Ríos | Formosa | Jujuy | La Pampa | La Rioja | Mendoza | Misiones | Neuquen | Río Negro | Salta | San Juan | San Luis | Santa Cruz | Santa Fe | Santiago del Estero | Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica, and South Atlantic Islands | Tucumán|