Mobile (English pronunciation: /moʊˈbiːl/) (pronunciation) is the third most populous city in the U.S. state of Alabama and is the county seat of Mobile County. The population within the city limits was 198,915 as of the 2000 census. It is at the head of Mobile Bay. Mobile is the principal municipality of the Mobile Metropolitan Statistical Area, a region of 399,843 residents which is composed solely of Mobile County and is the second largest MSA in the state. Mobile is included in the Mobile-Daphne-Fairhope Combined Statistical Area with a total population of 540,258, the second largest CSA in the state.
City of Mobile
Mobile skyline 2007
The Port City or Azalea City or The City of Six Flags
|• Mayor||Sam Jones|
|• City||412.9 km2 (159.4 sq mi)|
|• Land||305.3 km2 (117.9 sq mi)|
|• Water||107.6 km2 (41.5 sq mi)|
|3 m (10 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0155153|
- ""Mobile Alabama"". "GNIS Feature Query Results". Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- ""2000 census for Mobile, Alabama"". "U.S. Census Bureau". Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- ""Population of Metropolitan Statistical Areas"". "U.S. Census Bureau 2000 MSA Populations". Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- "USA: Alabama". CityPopulation.de. Retrieved 2007-4-23. Check date values in:
- ""Population of Combined Statistical Areas"" (PDF). "U.S. Census Bureau 2000 CSA Populations". Retrieved 2007-12-1. Check date values in:
- City of Mobile
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mobile Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Mobile Carnival Museum
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mobile, Alabama.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide about: Mobile|