Nation of Islam
The Nation of Islam is a religious group. It was founded in Detroit, Michigan, in 1930 by Master Fard Muhammad. The main goal of the Nation of Islam is to bring back the spiritual, mental, social and economic condition of blacks in the United States. Since 1981, the group has been led by Louis Farrakhan. Malcolm X also was a member.
The current headquarters for the Nation of Islam is located in Chicago, Illinois. The Nation of Islam is currently lead by the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan through the teachings of the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad. Elijah Muhammad meet Master Farad Muhammad and was directly given lost knowledge to rebuild the children of slavery and bring them back to their original selves.
The main belief of The Nation of Islam is that there is no God but Allah. They say that "Allah" “came in the person of W. D. Fard", who founded the Nation of Islam. Their type of Islam is different from Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims. Their teachings under Islamic standards do not allow making any person divine, or treating God as human.
What the Nation of Islam believesEdit
- They believe in the One God. This God is called Allah which means "God" in Arabic
- They believe in the Holy Qur'an and in the scriptures of all the prophets of God
- They believe in the truth of the Bible, but they believe that it must be reinterpreted
- They believe this is the time in history for the separation of the Black children of slavery and the children of their former slave-masters.
- They believe that they should have their own names. These names should not be the names they were given by their former slave masters
- They believe that God (Allah) appeared in the person of Master W. Fard Muhammad in 1930. They believe that he is the Christian "Messiah" and the Muslim's "Mahdi".
- They believe that all people are equal.
- They see and accept the American people as independent. They respect their laws.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nation of Islam.|