|Key people||Bernie Sanders, Jane O'Meara Sanders, Jeff Weaver, Bill McKibben, Nina Turner|
|Office location||Washington, DC|
The organization officially launched on August 24, 2016, designated as a 501(c)(4), with a presentation that was live-streamed online via YouTube to meetings across the country and shown by Free Speech TV.
The organization's mission is to educate voters about issues, get people involved in the political process, and work to organize and elect progressive candidates. Our Revolution is also the title of a book by Sanders released in November 2016.
Board of Our RevolutionEdit
On August 29, 2016 the board of Our Revolution was announced as:
- Larry Cohen (Chairman) – Labor
- Nina Turner – (President) Former Ohio State Senator
- Deborah Parker – Native American Leader
- Ben Jealous – Civil Rights Leader
- Jim Hightower – Political Leader, National Radio Commentator & Writer
- Jim Zogby – Arab American Human Rights Leader
- Huck Gutman – Former Chief of Staff for Senator Bernie Sanders
- Jane Kleeb – Environmental Activist
- Lucy Flores – Former Nevada Assemblywoman
- Catalina Velasquez – Immigration, Reproductive Justice and Trans Queer Liberation Activist
- Shailene Woodley – Actress and Environmental Activist
- "Bernie Sanders will launch organizations to spread progressive message". USA Today.
- "Our Revolution". ourrevolution.com. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Hensch, Mark (August 3, 2016). "Sanders fundraising 'to transform American society'". The Hill. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Bernie Sanders seeks contributions for 'Our Revolution'". USA Today.
- "Bernie Sanders Writing Book With Policy Ideas, Primary Reflections". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Bernie Sanders wrote a book that's out in November". ew.com.
- "Statement of Our Revolution Board of Directors". Our Revolution. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Our Revolution Announces Formation of Board". Our Revolution. August 29, 2016. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: