Plan 9 from Outer Space
Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) is a science fiction movie. It was written and directed by Ed Wood and shot in 1957. It stars Gregory Walcott, Mona McKinnon, Lyle Talbot, Tor Johnson, Maila Nurmi (Vampira), and Criswell. Some footage of Bela Lugosi as the "Old Man" was edited into the movie after Lugosi's death.
|Plan 9 from Outer Space|
|Directed by||Ed Wood|
|Written by||Ed Wood|
|Produced by||Ed Wood|
Hugh Thomas, Jr.
J. Edward Reynolds
Maila Nurmi (Vampira)
|Cinematography||William C. Thompson|
|Edited by||Ed Wood|
|Music by||Gordon Zahler|
|Distributed by||Distributors Corporation of America (as Valiant Pictures)|
|July 22, 1959|
The movie is about aliens who want to stop humans from creating a weapon that will destroy the universe. To do this, the aliens put their "Plan 9" in operation. This is a scheme to bring Earth's dead back to life. This plan will get Earth's attention and chaos will follow.
For years, the movie was aired on television without much notice. In 1980 authors Michael Medved and Harry Medved called Plan 9 from Outer Space the "worst movie ever made". They posthumously awarded their Golden Turkey Award to Wood as the worst director ever.
- Gregory Walcott as Jeff Trent, an airline pilot
- Mona McKinnon as Paula Trent, Jeff's wife
- Lyle Talbot as General Roberts
- Duke Moore as Lt. John Harper
- Tom Keene as Col. Tom Edwards
- Tor Johnson as Insp. Dan Clay
- Carl Anthony as Patrolman Larry
- Paul Marco as Patrolman Kelton
- Conrad Brooks as Patrolman Jamie
- Dudley Manlove as Eros, an alien
- Joanna Lee as Tanna, an alien
- John Breckinridge as The Ruler, an alien
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Plan 9 from Outer Space.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Plan 9 from Outer Space|