Rachid Taha (Arabic: رشيد طه) (18 September 1958 – 12 September 2018) was an Algerian singer-songwriter and activist. His career was based in Paris. He was described as "sonically adventurous". His music was inspired by many different styles such as rock, electronic, punk and raï. raï,
Taha was born in Sig (Mascara Province), Algeria. He was known for his songs "Voilà, Voilà", "Ya Rayah", and "It's Now or Never". Taha was also a known political activist and critic of the George W. Bush and Donald Trump administrations for their nuclear weapons stance.
- Jon Pareles (7 July 2008). "Algerian Singer Mixes Rock and Rai". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Al-Taee, Nasser (Spring 2003). "Running with the Rebels: Politics, Identity, and Sexual Narrative in Algerian Rai". Echo 5 (1). http://www.echo.ucla.edu/Volume5-issue1/al_taee/altaee.pdf.
- Philip brasor (12 September 2001). "HIGH NOTES: Rachid Taha". Japan Times. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Jody rosen (13 March 2005). "MUSIC; Shock the Casbah, Rock the French (And Vice Versa)". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Le Monde: Mort du chanteur Rachid Taha, légende du métissage musical (French)